The gorgeous city of Accra is the capital of Ghana. It is the largest city in Ghana sitting on a whooping 225.67 square kilometers of land. It is bordered on the south by the Gulf of Guinea, on the west by the intersection of the Lafa stream and Mallam junction, on the north by the Great Hall of the renowned University of Ghana, and finally on the east by the Nautical College. Intersting fact is that Accra was once the capital of the British Gold Coast from 1877 to 1957. Accra is one of the most diverse cities in Africa, and with its world class healthcare facilities and ample tourist attractions, you are guaranteed to have the most amzing time here!
- 2- 4 weeks in Accra
- Experience in an urban hospital
- Exposure to a wide range of specialties
- Management of tropical conditions
- Community service
- Local and interstate tourist activities and loads of adventure!
- Personal Meet and Greet on arrival in Ghana.
- Local transport to and from the airport in Accra.
- Beachfront hotel accommodation in Accra from day of arrival to day of departure (Breakfast and dinner included).
- 24-hour on-site security.
- Introduction & Professional orientation in the affiliated hospital.
- Hospital administrative fees and donations.
- Exposure to a wide range of specialties: Rotations in Accident & Emergency, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopedics, Internal Medicine, Tropical Medicine, Public Health- for medical and nursing students.
- Historic tourism trip to Cape Coast (overnight stay at lodge and meals included).
- Visit to Kakum National Reserve.
- Day trip and donations to charity organisation.
- Guided tour in and around Accra including museums and special tourist attractions (for 4-weeks rotation packages only).
- Travel Insurance.
- Temporary SIM card for the duration of rotation.
- On the ground support staff.